Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fighting for Air

As promised, here's a quick recap of the American Lung Association "Fight for Air Climb" in Tampa this weekend.  The event sold out - with over 1,000 people making the commitment to run the 42 flights of stairs.  I thought I had arrived early, but when I exited the parking garage, I found a carnival-like atmosphere at the base of the building.  There were vendors selling their wares and announcements going out over the intercom.  It took me a second to recognize the sound - but there was the familiar bang of porta-let doors slamming!  This is going to be a good day!

Lisa has written a great blog about the event and several of the people on the team.  I suggest you take a look at the following link:

http://mobilebalance.wordpress.com/


The only thing that I can add to what Lisa has written, is how I continue to be so very impressed with the people that engage in these types of activities.  Whether it be a person running up the stairs - one day after knee surgery.  Or the person that flew a couple of thousand miles to support a cause.  When you consider that the actual run is going to take most people 10 - 15 minutes, it really speaks highly of so many people to make the effort!

Congratulations to all +1,000 people that took their time to support a great cause!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment