Friday, August 21, 2009

Is This An Illness?

Now that I find myself on some triathlon mailing lists, it is becoming commonplace for me to receive emails about various events. One came into my office email this morning and with only a quick glance at the calendar - I pressed the "Register" button. No big worries or nerves. Just the realization that it was filling up and I could still get in. Compared to the fear that I had before registering for my first race - this was almost too easy! I guess that's progress.

My next event will be the Sand Key Sprint Triathlon. It has a short swim and bike (1/3 mile and 11 miles), but I'm looking forward to it. I have been in a bit of a funk since my last race. Nothing on the immediate schedule had me feeling a little lost. I guess I should expand on that.

I have my first half marathon on October 4. For some reason, that doesn't count as a real race in my book. Now really - what's wrong with that thinking? My goal for the half is to do it, finish it and get my mind around what it's like to cover the distance. My running is getting a little better, so I hope the increased running mileage will pay dividends on my tri's. It's already working - so it's a good thing!

Tomorrow I'll be doing about 40 miles on the bike. Doing the Clearwater bridge loop for two or three laps. I'm riding with a new group tomorrow - I can't wait to see the pace and find out how I'm doing compared to the group.

That's it for now. Everyone have a safe and fun weekend!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment